Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default Stuff

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...523-story.html

>My grocery store has already started the same kinda thing. They cut
>the meat at their meat packing plant, vegetables from their coolers,
>and package everything up in a nice display box for sale in the meat
>department. Half the price of those meal delivery services.
>
>All thjsoe meal delivery companies are hurting last I heard. I
>can't believe there's one that that's successful. It must be
>because of their Chicago-centric demographics. Just as ones
>concentrating on New York would probably be successful.
>
>-sw

My Albertsons has been doing that for years. It's right on the edge
of downtown. Singles or others can stop at their complete salad bar
right next to the deli, next to the fried chicken, next to the bakery
rolls next to the meat counters with various trays of seasoned meats
with veggies alongside. Then you only need to stop for the beer and
your dinner is complete. Many laborers stop and fix their lunch and
stop again and pick up dinner. Nice.
Janet US