Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Stuff

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...523-story.html

>>> I've never heard of this meal kit company.Â* But there sure seem to be
>>> enough of them around.
>>>

>> The latest ones I've seen ads for don't even expect you to use fresh
>> supplied ingredients to prep and cook the food.Â* It comes in plastic
>> trays, sort of like buying a Stouffer's frozen entree.Â* Heat in the
>> microwave for 3 minutes and it's done.Â* Allegedly "healthy".Â* Sorry, I
>> didn't pay any attention to the name of this new (even more lazy) home
>> delivery meal company.Â* No mention in the ads of price.
>>
>> Jill

> BJ's is now selling kits of some sort.Â* As for price, the article did
> mention this:
> Most of Home Chefs dinner meals are $9.95 per serving, and the company
> offers lunch options and additional offerings such as smoothies and
> fruit baskets.

I cannot recall the name of the delivery brand I've recently seen. I'm
really not interested in having home delivered meal kits but this caught
my attention. Struck me as having frozen dinners (*like Stouffer's or
Banquet) microwaveable dinners delivered to your home. LOL I can't
think of reason to order frozen dinners onlie.

I wish I could remember the name of this new company. Not that I'm
likely to order, just curious about the prices. Oh, and it's supposed
to be so "healthy"!

Jill