Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default May 5th

On Sat, 19 May 2018 18:46:29 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/19/2018 6:23 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>> On 5/19/2018 6:07 PM, jmcquown wrote in reply to Sheldon:
>>

>>> But he wasn't physically capable.* Aside from appearing to be a greedy
>>> attention seeking father dealing with the press (who cares), he had a
>>> heart attack and underwent bypass surgery a couple of days before the
>>> wedding.* I'm sure she was heartbroken since by all accounts, despite
>>> her parents being divorced when she was a baby, she spent time with
>>> both of them.

>> I knew there was some controversy but I didn't know what.* I saw her
>> half sister make some snide comments.* Whatever.
>>

>I do know her half sister looks incredibly jealous as does her half
>brother. Thing is, you don't write a ltter to Prince Harry telling him
>not to marry your half sister.
>
>> I was only replying to the idea that women would start walking down
>> the aisle alone, it would be hard to break that one to a father
>> who looked forward to that role.* Not Meghan's, specifically.
>>
>> nancy

>It would be hard if the father's actually looked forward to it. I was
>replying to Sheldon's "if capable", which, despite the controversy in
>the press (will he, won't he) turned out not to be possible.
>
>Her mother was absolutely beautiful, too. And she seemed so calm.
>
>Jill

All I meant was that if the father wasn't physically able then he
should be forgiven. Sometimes elderly parents are unable. My father
attended my wedding but my mom was bed ridden on oxygen and other
meds, at 81 years old there was no way she could get to the toilet on
her own. My father had a grand time trying to out drink my father
inlaw... the two of them practically drank the bar dry, I'd say it was
a tie. They never met previously but the two of them got along like
they were childhhood friends.