Karen

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
news:brv1d.7775$iS2.7203@trnddc09...
<snip>
> Thanks! I must have not found the right cooking boards. The only ones I
> saw had no action at all or were overrun by spam. I did see a couple of
> articles that mention this soup and even give the name of some restaurants
> that serve it. I believe one mentioned is the one we ate at. The

Kartoffel
> Boller is a very good substitute though. Next time I'll just put it
> straight in the broth and not poach it separately.

Julie, I checked a couple of my favorite message boards (not newsgroups).
Unfortunately, no one has come up with anything more than we already know
from Googling. One member did suggest finding a good German cheese soup
recipe and adding the knoepfla to it...something you may want to experiment
with, if you're feeling adventurous (and your daughter is a willing guinea
pig! LOL). I'll keep on searching. Also, I have a pretty extensive
cookbook collection, so I'll start delving there.

Karen