Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Northern Rhones at Racines NYC

On 5/15/18 8:55 AM, DaleW wrote:

> MV Krug Grande Cuvee Lot 164
> I was curious to try after all the hype. Im not the biggest Krug fan but this "08 base is touted as atypical. I thought the nose gorgeous and complex, and it seemed more lithe than most Krug. Very good. But I have 2 bottles and couldnt help thinking I could have bought 2 bottles of Comtes instead and had money left over. B+

I'm with you, too. The Krug style is just not my preferred style of
Champagne. Lately, we've been gravitating to non-dosé BdB bottlings,
though some of the more lean Pinot Meunier-based wines have also
appealed. It should be noted, however, that we don't go for the flavor
profile of aged Champagne.

> 1983 Jaboulet €śThalabert€ť Crozes-Hermitage

> 1991 Ogier Cote-Rotie

> 1999 Gallet Cote-Rotie

> 1996 Jamet Cote-Rotie

> 1998 Jamet Cote-Rotie

> 1998 Clape Cornas

> 1999 Noel Verset Cornas

> 2000 Noel Verset Cornas

> 1998 Allemand €śReynard€ť Cornas

> This is as far as I got on notes last night. The final flight was 1994 Chave Hermitage, 1995 Chave Hermitage, and 1998 Chave Hermitage. All showed beautifully, with the 95 challenging the 00 Verset for my wine of the night. From memory "94 A-/B+, 95 A-, 98 B+.

Wow, just wow! What a marvelous lineup of wines. Any one of those
would occupy a hallowed place on our table. Nice notes, too, Dale.

Thanks!
Mark Lipton