Posted to rec.food.cooking
MaryL MaryL is offline

Default Desserts - a tip on sugar use

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/603329.Soul_Food
>> Â* (reader reviews)
>>
>> The top half, btw, is custard made with milk, eggs, cornstarch,
>> gelatin, and bourbon - or rum, as you prefer.
>>
>> Ferguson grew up in Philadelphia and in 1967, became a member of the
>> soul music group The Three Degrees. She left in 1986. For about a
>> quarter-century, she lived in England (that explains the tips in the
>> cookbook for English readers) but she moved to the island of Majorca
>> (Spain) in 2008.
>>
>> You can see her singing "When Will I See You Again" here (she's the
>> lead singer):
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6fVDAjs9f0
>>

>> Lenona.
>>

> I don't claim to be any kind of expert on the deep south or soul food
> but I've never heard of Black Bottom Pie.Â* I'm glad you were able to
> adjust the recipe to the sweetness you desired.
>
> Jill

I grew up in northeast Ohio (close to Amish country). I learned about
Black Bottom Pie, Apple Pan Dowdy, and similar items at that time (but
only when we visited Dutch restaurants). I have lived in east Texas for
many years, and I have never heard of those desserts since I moved here.

MaryL