Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default Other Weather (WAS: Snow Storm)

On Sunday, March 4, 2018 at 10:29:03 AM UTC-6, Jill McQuown wrote:

> On 3/3/2018 6:53 PM, wrote:
>
> > Did I mention I've had the front door open most of the day??
> >

> LOL Rub it in good, joan! I guess you have a screen door? I couldn't
> leave my front door open as there isn't a screen. There are screens on
> the back doors but they don't fit well at all. There are a lot of
> lizards here. Spring is coming so they are are becoming quite active.
> They won't hesitate to find ingress through an ill fitting screen or an
> open door.

The security storm doors I have did not come with screens. But when I
want a breeze throughout the house in the Spring and Fall I just throw
a few windows open. I was able to do that Saturday, February 24.

> I feel for people who have to deal with snow every year. When it snowed
> here in January (about 4") it was a treat. I wouldn't want to have to
> deal with it in huge quantities every year.

We had snow here in late January, about an inch or two and it was lovely
to look at for 2 or 3 days. I did not miss it once it melted but the
bitter temperatures hung around many, many days.

> It was in the 80's here last week but not at all humid. Perfect
> weather! This weekend it's in the high 60's. Still quite comfy and
> yes, windows open except when the pollen is blowing all over the
> place... it's been very breezy.
>
> Jill

It's been in the 60' here, too, but a bit early for pollen. That
will be in another few weeks and some years it's quite heavy.