Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Snow Storm

On 2018-03-04 11:40 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 3/3/2018 8:02 PM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

> Of course!Â* We're talking about the weather.Â* No snow where joan is.
> None here, either.Â* So she could leave the front door open.Â* I'm
> braggin, too. Â*Â* I've had the windows open, haven't had to run heat or
> AC.Â* It's been "sitting outside on the patio with a book" weather here.
> A tad windy (I have to use a hatpin to keep my hat on when I sit outside).
>
> I do feel sorry for the folks who have to deal with that much snow. It's
> probably not over for them yet this year.

The snow we had was not horrendous, about 8-10", but it was right about
32F, so the snow was wet and heavy, hard to shovel and a real work out
for the snow blower.

It's early March, so we are not out of the woods yet. The year I worked
on a road crew we had to plow snow in the third week of April. It was a
freak storm to come that late, and it was a serious amount of wet heavy
snow. I was called in at 6 pm and plowed until 8 the next morning. I was
in first and second gear most of the time, tearing along at about 10
mph. I went through through tanks of fuel that night.

When I was in Tybee Island last week one of the local asked if we would
see snow when we got back. He said he didn't know why people would live
up here. I asked him what it was like in the summer there. He said 100
degrees and 100% humidity. I told him I would rather put on a sweater
and a jacket than deal with humid 100 degrees.