Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default "Eat lightly when you're a guest" - question

On Saturday, February 10, 2018 at 6:51:06 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> I remember, probably around the early 60s, causing consternation at a
> cocktail party by pinning a small ribbon bow in my hair (it was long
> and braided up) and not wearing a hat. OMG, no hat!!!

Did you watch Catherine and William's wedding on TV? There were some
beautiful hats/fascinators and some quite strange ones as well. I can't
remember who it was but there was one woman there who wore a netted hair
covering instead of a hat. There was some surprise at this covering by
the commentators instead of a hat.