Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Do Men Hate Using Coupons?

On Sat, 20 Jan 2018 16:38:04 -0000, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Gary" wrote in message ...
>
>Steve La Wertz wrote:
>>
>> Lol...and wouldn't Steve's grab bar be attached like six inches above the
>> tub floor...so low in fact it might even be anchored into the
>> foundation...

>I picture a valuable grab bar about 4' above a tub floor.
>Something to hold onto while stepping into the tub and shower.
>One high enough for standing in the shower seems more worthwhile
>to me.
>
>==
>
>I have one on the side of the shower. Not anchored in the way suggested,
>but with suction cups. It works fine.
>
>Like this:
>
>https://www.amazon.co.uk/Am-Tech-Hea...al+suction+cup

Those Toys R Us suction cup bars let loose exactly when you need
them... it's no big deal to install real grab bars.
My stingy electrician friend who is relatively as well off as Trump
installed a suction cup bar and it let loose when his wife was exiting
the shower, she went down and broke two bones in her neck, lucky to be
alive, and after two years still in a wheel chair with a monsterous
Frankenstein brace. After he told me I added a third grab bar on the
tub wall in front where the shower set is, for steadying when getting
out of the tub. my wife is a lefty so needed it... the bar cost $30
and took me 15 minutes to install. WTF are peeps such cheapo
*******s... those suction cup thingies are as useful as padded bras.