Posted to rec.food.cooking
casa de los sueños casa de los sueños is offline

Default Ping MrD

On 1/17/2018 2:02 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 11:03:10 PM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Colour or country make no difference whatever to me. Personality is all!!!
>> Kindness seems to be a premium around here sometimes I don't care if you
>> are from Mars with 5 legs ... err you aren't are you???

> From my limited exposure to you all, I'd say that the Brits seem to be better suited for living together with non-whites. It might be because you guys were spread all over the world and got used to being in the minority.

Fascinating theory, perhaps so.

> Americans have no such history and black folks are reduced to screaming out "Black lives matter!" It's a shameful situation.

And yet we beat the crap out of slavery, Jim Crow, segregated schools,
bussing, etc.

The current angst is all cop-related, and that means it's all in
reaction to insanely high levels of crime in the hood.

There are of course places where police forces act with /extreme/
passion against...wait for it...the HOMELESS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...lice_shootings

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0e983c05950e5

Round these parts black lives are less endangered than in Chicago or St.
Louis.