Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_14_] Ophelia[_14_] is offline

Default Dinner tonight (1/15/2018) Salmon Patties

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Tuesday, January 16, 2018 at 9:07:49 AM UTC-5, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 1/16/2018 6:07 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> Looks god but I'd want more! Add rice at the side and happy.

> > I'd be happy with more squash. Clearly, Jill was happy with what
> > she plated.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> I cooked more squash than that and ate it, too! I am just not a huge
> fan of rice. In another thread Carol said she buys rice in 25 pound
> bags. That would last me a lifetime! I made red beans & rice last week
> and it was the first time I'd eaten rice in about 6 months.
>
> Jill

My husband loves rice. Quite often when he has rice, I have bread.

I'm not always looking to save money, so I buy it in (IIRC) 2 pound bags.
That's a few months' worth of rice for us.

Cindy Hamilton

==

D likes it and for later in the week he has asked for mushroom risotto.
What a labour of love that is ... 20 mins stirring LOL

I keep several types of rice in for him, but especially Arborio for his
risotto