Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Boron is offline

Default Dinner tomorrow (1/3/2018)

On Mon, 08 Jan 2018 10:20:51 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Mon, 08 Jan 2018 09:41:29 -0500, Boron >
>wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 03 Jan 2018 18:18:20 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
>>wrote:

>>>I've been watching the weather for you guys. Pretty cold for you and
>>>from what the weatherman says it is going to blow a gale and be even
>>>colder. Keep safe and warm.
>>>we baby sit a neighbor's house while they vacation during the winter.
>>>When we have freezing temps we let a faucet drip, leave cabinets open
>>>and flush toilets once per day.
>>>Janet US

>>Break in the weather starting today - it'll be in the 50s by week's
>>end.

>I'm glad you checked in. I saw that your area was going to be above
>normal within a few days. That's great as long as it doesn't cause
>flooding. Is everything o.k. at your place? No wind damage?
>
>Janet US

We got lucky - only got about 6"-7" of snow on Thursday and frankly,
I decided to work at home and I am off Friday, so I hunkered. I kept
the place warm, checked the laundry room to make sure those most
likely to freeze pipes were kept warm, and we were a-ok. Thanks for
asking.

My husband, however, had to work outside on Friday. The high was 11, I
think, with a brisk wind.He has special clothing for situations like
that, but we have some new balaclavas on order.....