Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Croquettes with no egg?

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Sunday, January 7, 2018 at 9:30:43 AM UTC-5, Ophelia wrote:
> > "Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message
> >
> > On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 5:04:50 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> > > On Sat, 6 Jan 2018 16:05:02 -0500, jmcquown

> > > So...

> > > them?" >>> I answered your rhetorical question.
> > > thought you >>> would be able to figure a simple work around for
> > > no egg and baking. >>> Janet US

> > > I like croquettes. If I couldn't have eggs, I'd want to
> > > investigate eggless croquettes too. "Dur".

> > In Julie's position, I would have googled "vegan croquettes baked"
> > and used my judgment as to what looked promising.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> > ==
> >
> > OTOH given this is a food group ...

> I'm not sure I would have expected anybody here to have experience
> with baked, eggless croquettes. Everybody's eating habits seem to be
> pretty close to average. Julie is 6*sigma away from the mean.
>
> Cindy Hamilton
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Some cook a bit different but then I don't know a real binder either
for that sort of thing.

I made something a *bit* like a crocquette using tofu once but it's a
stretch to call it the real thing. It was more a small chopped shrimp
with leeks and green onion bulbs and such pressed to shape. I suspect
most here would relate it better to won-ton filling.