Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Taking a poll (WAS: Air Fryers)

wrote:

>>> Â* Bullshit . The whole point of air frying is the reduction in oil used .

> It's exactly the same as pan/deep frying, food is coated with and
> absorbs oil, especially breaded/battered foods. The fallicy lies in
> the fact that it makes frying easy so encourages eating much more
> fried food. The only savings is not needing a deep fryer so air
> frying is *safer* and no used oil needs to be stored... however the
> caloric content from fat is precisely the same as pan/deep frying when
> food is drained on paper towels.
>
>> He's just spouting off. I seem to recall he bought an air-popper for
>> popcorn way back when. It's sort of the same concept.
>> I'm sure you still do need a little bit of oil.
>> Jill

> Demonstrating your ignorance... no oil is used in air poppers.... and
> in all the years you've been at RFC your dense skull has absorbed
> absolutely nothing regarding culinary data, you obviously haven't a
> clue why popping corn pops.

Why would I care how corn pops? FWIW, water in the kernel heats up and
makes it explode. It's really better cooked in oil. Having said that,
I don't eat popcorn. I do love grilled corn on the cob.

? Mayhaps were you not so intent on
> attempting to denigrate others

You mean you? Denigrating is hardly the word for it. Contradicting,
perhaps. Can't stand it, can you?

> you'd learn how to cook... posting
> pictures of take-out is NOT cooking...

You're the one always demanding pictures of what people eat. Then you
post links to chinese restaurant take-out containers. What?!

>that's exactly the same as
> posting URLs for recipes with pictures lifted off the net

Pot, kettle, black. I've never posted a picture lifted off the net.

> anyone with functioning brain cells believes they cooked that. I've
> seen pictures of the pittifully few things you actually cooked,

Yeah, I've never cooked and posted pictures of anything I've cooked in
the last 25 years. Anyone else who believes that please raise their hand.

Jill