Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia[_14_] Ophelia[_14_] is offline

Default Twilight Zone Dinner tonight

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, December 21, 2017 at 4:08:20 PM UTC-10, Leonard Blaisdell
wrote:
> In article >,
> dsi1 <wrote:
>
> > Cars were certainly goofy back then. I used to have a 65 Nova back in
> > the
> > day. Coasting down the mountain would cause oil to pool up inside the
> > cylinders.

> You needed a ring job and possibly a bore job. Sounds dirty, doesn't it?
>
> > Accelerating at the bottom would cause a trail of blue smoke to
> > mark our path for about a mile. It was okay to do stuff like that back
> > in the
> > early 70's. Going up the mountain, I had to worry about the radiator
> > losing
> > all its water.

> You should have, at the very least, poured condensed milk into the
> radiator to seal the leak. You probably needed belts and hoses too!
> What kind of mechanic were you?
>
> leo

The car had a ring job soon as we got it. I think that mechanic was not a
reliable person. Perhaps he cheated us. I've never heard of milk in the
radiator. Thanks for the info. I'll remember to avoid anybody that does
that. I'm a fan of Alumaseal, myself.

I was just a kid when we had that car. These days I'm older and wiser.
Unfortunately, I'm starting to lose my facilities. I was doing a brake job
on my son's car last week and could not remember where to attach one end of
a spring. Looks like it's the end for me. That's the brakes.

==

lol

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk