Melba's Jammin'

In article >,
(Mapickle) wrote:
> .Honestly, the good
> >stuff usually gets swallowed. Some things get spit out really fast!
> >And the really good jars get passed around from judge to clerk (we
> >ate half a jar of this really nice spearmint jelly....)

Yes, that's always been my clue to possible winners: this year about 1/4
of my cherry jam was gone, a fair amount of pickles, a good 2 tbsp of
the raspberry jelly, and a fair amount of strawberry jam. All were blue
ribbon winners and I learned that the Raspberry Jelly is what won the
Ball/Kerr (and I presume the Alltrista) award for soft spreads.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> An update on 9/2/04; check the Fairs Fare tab.