Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] jazeev1234@gmail.com is offline

Default Boiling or simmering raw sausage links

On Friday, November 24, 2017 at 3:00:23 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> True, only need one pan to brown saw-seege and then add beans.... TJ
> just proves he uses toothpics to dunk vienna sausage into a can of
> beans... no clean up.

I am not anti fat or sugar or salt, I just don't want the beans swimming in a bunch of sausage fat with a bunch of preservatives. So I figure I'll simmer the sausage then dump the water, add fresh water and make the beans. Fat will come into the meal later when I saute the veggie/spice mix in olive oil. I sometimes use a mix of half butter and half oil. Vienna sausages - I've had them - oblong spam I guess it could be called. Don't knock it for the hungry. Some people need a bit of hardship in their lives, a few years in a prisoner of war camp or whatever to make them appreciate what they've got. Even potato chips are food when one is hungry enough. And how about a few pickled eggs to go along with the vienna sausages? Perhaps a Twinkie with a Slim Jim in the middle? Yummy!