Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] jazeev1234@gmail.com is offline

Default Boiling or simmering raw sausage links

On Friday, November 24, 2017 at 10:20:15 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> TJ has always been proud of his laziness. If I was going to make beans
> in the pan right after the sausage, no reason to clean it. The fond
> would add some flavor. Make it easier to clean when all is done.

Thanks, that is what I intended to do. I just didn't want to brown the sausages and get a bunch of grease in the air. I will simmer them then dump the water and add new water to make the beans. I'm going to use great northern which will look good with the roma tomatoes and parsley and other spice/veggies tossed in. Yes Ed, I have always been proud of my laziness and have always admitted to hating work - yet I am also proud of being one of the best workers I have ever known because pretending to work is harder than work itself, in the same way that lying is harder than telling the truth. I am going to simmer the sausage and set aside, then make the beans. When the beans are done I'm going to saute all those veggies and spices in olive oil and add to the beans. The sausage will be cut up into pieces, sliced or diced, however I want it from day to day, and added each day as opposed to tossed into the mix all at once. I also might add some spinach each day. I know sausage looks and maybe even tastes better browned, but once it's in the bean mix I don't think it matters much. Thanks again.