Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] jazeev1234@gmail.com is offline

Default Boiling or simmering raw sausage links

On Thursday, November 23, 2017 at 9:57:12 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:

> On the gear, the: mortar (or is it a pestle?) bit? The bowl like part
> is the mortar and the masher part is the pestle.

Thanks for both those posts. I have a great memory, no bragging, it's true.. But for some reason even though I have been told before on several occasions which is the mortar and which is the pestle I for some reason never get it planted in my brain. Probably because I don't use it much. I used to have a good wooden one with a nice thick rounded pestle. The one I have now is some kind of marble with a pestle that is too thin. But it's usable. The hummus turned out great. I am with you and your family - I am no vegetarian but eat lots of veggies and keep the meat to 3 ounces typically. Now and then a good 6 to 8 ounce steak is nice, but it's not a regular thing with me. I'm a soup and stew type guy, also cold dishes slung together such as the fruit plate I mentioned with the hummus. I got into the 6 day prep routine over the years when I drove a cab and didn't have enough time to cook every day. Now that I am 'retired' and collecting $735 a month SSI I still use that same system. I live on less than some people spend in a week, but I feel wealthy because I don't have to work. I also said, "No matter how much money you make, if you HAVE to work you're not rich." Thanks for your posts.

TJ