PENMART01

Default More Brining Questions from Neophyte

In article >, Aileen Sharma
> writes:

>I wondered if you could give me some advice on the brining business.
>I have never cooked a turkey before ... let alone brined one.
>I have ordered a frozen free range/organic turkey weighing about 15lbs.
>I will pick it up on the 18th of December.
>
>My question: It will be frozen solid.
>I estimate 3 days thawing in the fridge before I can roast it.
>At what point in this sequence does one brine? Are there food safety
>concerns?
>Do you thaw it for three days then brine over night (Christmas Eve) then
>roast the beast in the morning ? ( After rinsing well )
>
>Any wisdom you may impart would be gratefully received, Aileen

You likely paid a premium price for that bird... so why do you want to risk
ruining it and ruining your thanksgiving dinner... are you some kind of
masochist... experiment on a cheaper bird, and one that will not be for any
special occasion.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon