Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Christmas Baking

I had to move up my Christmas baking schedule because I have to make a
quick trip to the west coast. Today's baking was light fruitcake. I am
well aware that a lot of people don't like Christmas fruit cakes, but
some of us do, and some our friends count on a gift of it. I went out a
couple days ago and bought enough butter, eggs, raisins, glazed
pineapple and green and red cherries. I also got some pitted prunes
because they are good in it even if the recipe does not call them.

I spent the morning making one batch and the afternoon on the second
batch. It takes about hour to mix the stuff up, line the pans and spoon
in the batter, and then two hours cooking time. The are all on the
cooling rack now. After they are cooled I will give them a liberal dose
of brandy and wrap them up.

No time to bake tomorrow. I have to get packed and prepare a eulogy,
find old pictures. I have an early morning flight and get back here
around 5 am Monday.