Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Donating to the Food Bank

"Cheri" > wrote in message
news
> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>
>> That's addiction for you. Feeding the addiction comes first. When I
>> was a poor student and a smoker, I could run out of money for
>> anything, but not for smokes

> Yep, I seldomly ate lunch when I was in high school due to spending the
> lunch money on cigarettes, but that didn't mean I wasn't hungry at
> lunchtime.

I lived on trail mix in high school. I bought bulk ingredients and made my
own. Always kept some in my purse. And cigarettes too! 50 cents a pack in
those days, at least at some places. I usually did have to pay more as it
was easier for me to get them out of a machine. Machines didn't check for
ID. My wages were around $2 per hour and I didn't work many hours so that
pack had to last me.