Glomis

Hello:

Just a quick update for all the fine folks who offered advice on the moose
ribs recipe...

Turns out that an old friend showed up last night and I didn't get a chance
to cook the ribs on the BBQ. Good thing too - Because I had misinterpreted
Steve's advice and almost cooked them on a propane grill! Thankfully things
were clarified (thanks Siobhan and Steve!!) with respect to the grilling
thing. I ended up braising the ribs in the oven.

Basically they sat in the fridge for over 24 hours with the dry rub on them
(Montreal Steak spice, garlic powder and chili powder) and I then braised
them at about 100 Celsius for about four hours.

I had planned leg of lamb for today and needed the oven...so I started the
ribs early this morning (about 11:00AM actually). At about 2:30PM I drained
about 75% of the liquid off the ribs and smothered them in a slightly hot
and spicy homemade sauce (a friend's - not mine). I continued to cook them
for about another 30 minutes and then took them out. I have to say that I
was pleasantly surprised. The ribs were quite tender and very tasty. Even
the wife, who is not partial to Moose, enjoyed them.

So thanks to all who posted suggestions and tips. Much appreciated!!!

Cheers!

Glomis

PS. No water was harmed or boiled in the cooking of these ribs - as
certified by the ABWDCRS (Anti Boiling of Water During the Cooking of Ribs
Society) :-) lol

Glomis wrote:
> I'm looking for a good moose ribs recipe. I have several racks of moose
> ribs that I want to use. Anyone have any good homemade or commercial

sauce