Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default American Cookes (peanut, chocolate etc)

"Cheri" wrote:
>"Gary" wrote:
>
>> I needed celery today. $2.29 per pound.
>> Total ripoff but I needed it so I let them screw me this morning.

>Wow, that's a high price for celery, too bad you needed it but that happens
>sometimes. One store here charges $1.99 per pound for cauliflower instead of
>a set price per head, I don't believe they sell much.

Celery needs a long hot growing season, I've tried but it won't grow
here... most celery in the US grows in central California. Cauliflower
is a cool/cold weather crop so grows very well here, it grows too well
here so it's typically less than a dollar a large head and sometimes
two heads for a dollar. I've grown cauliflower but at the prices I
can buy it I don't bother growing any.