Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default American Cookes (peanut, chocolate etc)

Gary wrote:
>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> > My guess is that papaya might be about the same per pound as bananas

Depends where purchased... at the Hispanic markets in NYC bananas and
papayas cost about the same per pound... and they can be selling
several types of papayas and several types of bananas... down the road
a short distance at a lily white market a papaya can cost three times
the price of a pound of bananas.

>Maybe in tropical areas like you. Definitely not on the mainland.
>Exotic fruit here and cost way more than bananas and apples.
>Maybe 1-2 dollars each? It varies.
>
>I needed celery today. $2.29 per pound.
>Total ripoff but I needed it so I let them screw me this morning.

I've never seen celery sold by weight... only by the bunch... this
week large bunches are on sale at 99¢ a bunch, which is less than half
the regular price.... typically celery here costs about $2.69/bunch.

>Oh and Cindy, I was jumping off your post. I meant to look at
>cost of papaya's this morning but I forgot. Way more than bananas
>though.

Fresh papaya is one fruit I don't like to eat, its fibers get stuck
between my teeth.