Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default American Cookes (peanut, chocolate etc)

Cheri wrote:

> "Gary" > wrote in message ...
>
> > I needed celery today. $2.29 per pound.
> > Total ripoff but I needed it so I let them screw me this morning.

> Wow, that's a high price for celery, too bad you needed it but that happens
> sometimes. One store here charges $1.99 per pound for cauliflower instead of
> a set price per head, I don't believe they sell much.

Actually (sorry) I meant per bunch, not per pound. Regardless,
all I needed for this soup recipe is maybe 2-3 stalks of celery
and I had to buy the entire thing. Often, in these situations,
the rest sits in produce drawer, goes soft then bad and gets
thrown out eventually. I'll try to use all this extra this time
before it goes bad.

Maybe even a thing from my childhood - celery stalk with peanut
butter filled into the "valley." We did that with cheese too back
when we usually had the soft velveeta cheese handy.

I bought "goat cheese" last week and still haven't opened it.
Will try on crackers? Or maybe I can try that to fill in a celery
stalk tonight? No idea. I've never tasted goat cheese.
hmmmmmm...stay tuned..