Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gary Gary is offline

Default American Cookes (peanut, chocolate etc)

dsi1 wrote:

> On Saturday, September 16, 2017 at 12:37:52 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> > Perhaps some old people rediscover it, and when they are retired they
> > have time to cook it and enjoy it.

> Most people don't eat oatmeal. Mostly, it's kids and old folks. When they're kids, their mommies make it for them. When they're old, their kids make it for them.

LOL! Sounds like "paybacks!" You made me eat this crap when I
was a kid, mommie. Now that I'm taking care of you, guess what
breakfast will be from now on? LOL ;-)

Of course, I'm just kidding. I do like oatmeal occasionally. As
said before, I like it with butter and some brown sugar.
Sometimes add rehydrated raisins too. It's a nice late night
snack for me whenever I care to bother making it. It's a
quick-to-fix meal too.