Scott

In article >,
(SportKite1) wrote:

> Looks great to me. You've already got a LOT of fruit and sugar - the ginger
> will take on a nice candied quality plus add a little heat.

Well, just processed the batch. I'm a little leery in that it's not a
tested recipe, but the cup of apple cider vinegar looks promising. I BWB
for 10 minutes.

The ginger mellowed during the 45 minute cooking time, and did indeed
add a nice kick.

It certainly had an odd smell to it while cooking, though.

Fortunately, the batch came to 7-1/3 pints, so I have an container I
couldn't process--a perfect excuse for taste-testing.

I couldn't find the sesame seeds I thought I had, so I made the batch
without them... I don't think it'll suffer too much.

please mail OT responses only