Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default nip off teh end and can brush my teeth like six more times with what the brush can scoop out.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Heinz-Swe...relish&veh=sem
>> https://www.walmart.com/ip/Heinz-Swe...ttle/942863106
>>

>You pay 65 cents extra for the squeeze bottle. No thanks, I'd rather
>have the jar.

Also the squeeze bottles meant to be stood on their head contain a
thinner watered down product... the relish in glass jars is much less
watery... the Heinz relish in the squeeze bottle is too watery to
stay atop a hotdog, it flows down into the bottom of the roll, and if
you put mustard on first it washes the mustard down to the bottom of
the roll too. Heinz red is no longer the slowest in town... remember
how you used to have to pound your hand on the bottom of bottle, no
more, now it runs out like a waterfall. also it's so watery it
separates, if you don't shake that plastic bottle the first squeeze is
liquid.

>I have paid the extra for the squeeze bottle for Daisy sour cream. You
>get 14 oz for the same price as 16 oz in the tub. The advantage is, the
>squeeze bottle gets no air and lasts longer so if it is not used quickly
>you don't toss anything.

We very rarely buy sour cream but when we do it wouldn't last but a
few days.

Guldens mustard is now in a plastic squeeze bottle meant to stand on
its head but it's too thick to all run down, even with banging it on
the counter a lot coats the inside, and a lot staying inside that
convoluted cap. I slice that bottle in half with a sharp knife and
with a rubber spatula I get 2-3 more uses. I miss that iconic glass
Guldens jar.

Toothpaste tubes now being plastic it's not possible to squeeze it all
out, so I snip off the end and can get 6 more uses scooping with the
toothbrush.... even rolling that plastic tube and clamping with a
binder clip a lot of toothpaste remains... with the old metal tubes
with rolling you could squeeze out nearly every drop. There are still
some products packaged in the old style metal tubes, my Alberto VO5
Hairdressing is still in a metal tube... when I get it rolled to the
end I can still get 2-3 more dabs by squeezing with pliers... why
waste any, that VO5 ain't cheap.