Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default What to serve with salmon patties?

Jill McQuown wrote:
> All suggestions for side dishes for salmon patties are welcome.

We have them on a crusty Kaiser roll with tartar sauce.
Home made cole slaw goes well. I say home made because store bought
is almost always factory made, it's typically old, and too salty. Most
times when I've bought cole slaw at a deli it was already begining to
ferment, I could tell because it was very lightly
carbonated. For a long time now I make my own, If I only want a
small amount I'll buy a small savoy cabbage, they are tender and easy
to shred with a knife.
If you don't like cole slaw then cucumber salad goes well.
I wouldn't like anything too heavy with fried salmon pattys, certainly
not french fries, potato salad, or macaroni anything.
Try the recipes from The 2nd Avenue Deli.

I like a carrot and raisin salad but a lot of people don't.
For me about the only side I need for salmon pattys on Kaiser rolls is
my Crystal Palace and Diet Sprite rocks.