Posted to rec.food.cooking
Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] Leonard Blaisdell[_2_] is offline

Default The Eclipse: The Club Missed a Huge Opportunity!

In article >, jmcquown
> wrote:

> I'm sorry to say I saw a little bit of Bonny Tyler performing her 1983
> hit "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on television. Time and age has not
> been good to her vocal cords. The eclipse didn't help, either.

We went outside and viewed a 80 percent eclipse through a Wheaties box
contraption with a deluxe leo-made toilet paper eyepiece.
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/diwl7h11l7f8k5f/IMG_2600.JPG?dl=0>
Kids prefer to look through a toilet paper core instead of a ordinary
slot in the box. Keep that in mind. I'm a kid at heart.
By the way, these are for sale! Only thirty bucks plus twenty bucks
shipping, but the athlete may change for this prized possession and
future heirloom.
A new iPad showed up while the eclipse was transiting the country. I
named it "Eclipse".
Did anybody but me see the hilarious Fox News coverage? Would you admit
to it? Shep Smith insisted that everyone in the newsroom refer to the
event as "Total Eclipse of the Sun". Ah, well, you had to be there.

leo