Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default The Eclipse: The Club Missed a Huge Opportunity!

On 8/22/2017 11:35 AM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Aug 2017 12:39:49 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> Someone in the Dataw marketing department was asleep at the switch!
>>
>> The Club is closed on Mondays. But think about it. With such huge
>> interest in the solar eclipse and everyone scrambling to buy eclipse
>> glasses, they could have cashed in big time!
>>
>> Picture it: A special lunchtime Eclipse menu. Eclipse glasses
>> included. Doesn't have to be an extensive menu. Soup & salad.
>> Appetpizers. Servers and diners on the patio, all wearing special
>> glasses.
>>
>> They could have charged upwards of $60 per person and I guarantee some
>> people would have bought it. Oh well.
>>
>> Jill

> If they wore special glasses they wouldn't see a thing. It would be
> the same as being blindfolded.
> Janet US

Have you never heard of dark dining or dining in the dark? Seems to me
it was trendy in some ultra-cosmopolitan urban areas in the last 10
years. The servers aren't blindfolded (hopefully!) but the patrons are.
Here's a wiki article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_dining

Dining blindfolded, not something I'd be interested in. My post about
the Club and the eclipse was intended to be facetious. That's why I
included the smilies.

I'm sorry to say I saw a little bit of Bonny Tyler performing her 1983
hit "Total Eclipse of the Heart" on television. Time and age has not
been good to her vocal cords. The eclipse didn't help, either.

Jill