Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Anyone made potato chips?

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
news
> Potatoes are so wonderful. You can do so many things with them and cook
> them many different ways. Sliced thick or thin. Frenched, quartered,
> cubed. Baked, fried, fanned...
>
> Potatoes are a staple in my house. But I don't "make" potato chips.

I usually keep a can or two and some instant ones. I particularly like
adding the flakes to biscuits to make them lighter and fluffier. But I only
buy fresh ones if I see a really good sale or if I am making a specific
recipe. If on sale, then I will go out of my way to find things to use them
for. I don't know why but potatoes and onions just don't seem to keep like
they used to. For that reason, I try not to keep a lot because I don't like
having to toss out spoiled ones.