Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Anyone made potato chips?

"KenK" > wrote in message
> How do you cut them that thin easily? Can you make them in the oven rather
> than in a french frier?
>
> TIA

I made them many years ago and in the oven. They were thicker than the
bagged chips that you can buy. I just used a knife and cut them as thinly as
I could. At the time, a restaurant in Seattle was selling such chips as an
expensive appetizer. Although mine did come out as good as theirs did, I am
not much of a potato chip lover. I didn't personally care for these but my
friends did. This would have been back in the late 70's so it is likely that
I used Wesson oil to brush them with. At that period of time, I used Wesson
for everything.

If you want thinner chips, you'd have to use a mandolin.