Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default pot luck item

On 2017-08-16 8:53 AM, graham wrote:

> O, I'm about to go for coffee and meet friends and it's 6:50. Some of
> them will have been there for nearly an hour! It's not unusual to see
> groups of seniors having coffee at that time of day. I don't go every
> day, BTW.

When I was working I was on the road and stopped for coffee a couple
times a day, usually at Tim Hortons or similar coffee chain. I came to
realize that the various groups of retired guys who used to meet at
different times and locations. Each Hortons store would have one
particular group early in the morning and other groups would come at
later times. Some guys make the rounds to different stores.

There are a lot of older guys on motorcycles who make the rounds to
various Hortons. About once a week I meet up with the guys in Port
Dalhousie. While out riding the Niagara Parkway with a friend one
evening we stopped at one in Chippewa and saw some of the guys from the
Port Dalhousie group.