Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default pot luck item

On 2017-08-14 5:17 PM, l not -l wrote:
> On 14-Aug-2017, wrote:

>> WTF? What makes you think boomers (people now aged between 53
>> and 70) have time to sit around at McDonald's? I'm 60 and
>> expect to work until I'm 68.
>>
>> I don't go to fast food restaurants because their food is
>> shitty and I have the money to do better.

> I'll turn 70 next month, I retired at 57, and I have better
> things to do than sit around McDonalds, or any restaurant, fast
> food or not. Most boomers I know stay busy, not with a job; but,
> with volunteer work, social functions and hobbies.

I can't vouch for McDs. I have only been in one twice in the last 2-3
years. The last time was one year and a couple days ago when we stopped
at one mainly to use the washroom and picked up a coffee and a pastry.
The next previous time was about a year and a half before that.

Around here the old guys hang out at Tim Hortons. I started the day
with a 10 mile bicycle ride and the did my once a week trip by
motorcycle to Port Dalhousie to have a coffee with the grey haired
bikers. I combined it with a trip to the HD dealership and to Bass Pro
Shop to get some bulk ammunition. If the weather is decent tomorrow
there will be another bicycle ride, then an afternoon of pickleball,
come back home for a quick supper and then over to the Niagara River for
a 10 km 2 hour paddle.