Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default pot luck item

jmcquown wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On 8/14/2017 8:56 AM, Gary wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm not a "boomer" per se (depends on which war you're talking
> > > about)

> > Wrong.
> > The 'baby boomer generation' only talks about one war. World War
> > 2 ended in 1945
> > (Europe and then Pacific a few months later)
> >
> > Then all those young men came home, had sex and in 1946
> > there was a "baby boom"
> >
> > Basically the "baby boom" generation was born between
> > 1946 to 1964. That's the time span that those old
> > WW2 soldiers made babies.
> >
> > Generations are normally considered to be
> > 20-25 years difference.
> >

> That's the accepted definition. I was born after the Korean
> "conflict" after which my father came home and had sex with my
> mother. LOL
>
> I still disagree with dsi1 saying boomers don't know what is
> trending. If it means life being taken over by Google I'd rather not.
>
> Jill

I think we do know, but what is trending for *us* isnt nessecarily the
same as what my daughter would think of. My daughter can tell you all
the popular games, but probably doesnt know who Bruno Mars is or that
he just released a rather good new video this past weekend.

Just like I was at that age, I was more into flash than a longer
conversation in comparison to the older me. Thats a natural progression.