Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default pot luck item

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
9.44...
> On Sun 13 Aug 2017 08:47:46a, Cheri told us...

>>> My mother was a member of a senior center where they had all
>>> kinds of exercise classes, etc, and had a cheap lunch. She was
>>> 88 and felt left out because all the other seniors had smart
>>> phones they used for all kinds of things. I got her one, of
>>> course.
>>>
>>> Point is, all these pre baby boomers aren't necessarily sitting
>>> around thinking about the olden days. Plenty of them are with it
>>> and still curious so why should their next generation be any
>>> different.
>>>
>>> nancy

>> I didn't see anyone say they were sitting around, but the
>> definitely talk about their younger years, their music, their
>> parenting style etc.
>>
>> Cheri
>>

> Virtually every generation talks about "their younger years, their
> music, their parenting style etc." Do you not yourself?

Of course, that's why I posted "That's mostly true of every generation."
Dsi1's assertion that boomers are no longer relevant to trending is
absolutely true and has nothing to do with excercise etc. They are not
looked on as the trendsetters they were 40 years ago, and many do harken
back to the "good old days" at every opportunity. Do you not yourself?

Cheri