Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default pot luck item

On 2017-08-13 10:29 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> Thank you, Janet UK! The "boomers" around here enjoy kayaking, playing
> tennis, golf (of course), bicycling, boating. There aren't any hills to
> climb but the "boomers" go fishing, net up fresh shrimp, haul in crab
> pots, etc. And gee, everyone has a computer.

That's my life. I try to get out on and to bicycling every morning.
When I am on the biking trail there are lots of people my vintage out
there bicycling or hiking. The average age of those cyclists is probably
about 60. I belong to a kayaking club that schedules 3 paddles a week,
minimum 2 hours and 10 km (6 miles), often much more. I play pickleball
3 times a week, 2 hours per session. I go to the shooting range once
or twice month. I have been retired for 13 years and it is rare for me
to watch daytime TV. If it is cold and snowing or pouring rain I might
watch a movie, but I am more likely to go to the gym.