Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default pot luck item

wrote:

>>> Is she still as obnoxious now?

>> The restaurant episode where she ordered fries, then salad, then fries,
>> then no fries, then fries, was last year and she is 58. So...yes, she
>> is just as obnoxious now. I have as little to do with her as possible.
>>
>> My son gets into the city regularly and meets up with his male cousins.
>> They guys always get along well. BN somehow catches wind of these
>> impromptu gatherings and then whines to her mother that she was not
>> included. There are several reasons why they don't include her. She is
>> 19 years older than my son. They have nothing in common. They usually
>> end up going out for a meal or drinks and they know that she will pig
>> out and expect everyone else to pay for her... in which case she will
>> really take advantage.
>>

> I hope nobody holds back and tells her she's too old to be hanging
> out those younger guys, even if one is her cousin. And I hope they
> tell her they don't want to pay for her food orgies.

One of the guys is her own brother. The way it usually works is that my
son drops by to visit the one cousin. They are very close. The cousin
had a business in Africa and my son went over there and worked for him
when he was 19. Sometimes the cousin's brother is in town and staying
there. The other cousin, BN's brother, lives in the area so they call
him up. They all have common interests.

She does get excluded from a lot of events for a couple reasons. One is
that she and her husband are quite a bit older. Making a pig of herself
is another one. She once dropped in on her step sister, who was
expecting company... invited company. Step sister was a very generous
hostess who loved to prepare lots of good food when entertaining. BN
was invited to stay and then she ate all the food before the guests
arrived.

> Just how BIG is she?

She is 6 feet tall and probably about 350. About 2 years ago she had to
lose 75 pounds to get a hip replacement. She has since gained it all back.