Posted to rec.food.preserving
songbird songbird is offline

Default dill pickles

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> If I had to do that amount of diging and mulching, I'd be dead! :-)
> It's probably a good thing that we don't have a garden. I just buy
> the small amount of prime produce we need to do any picklng or
> canning. At least the end product is not store bought. :-)

it has been coming along ok. this picture was
taken on the 29th of July:

http://www.anthive.com/img/tasks/thm...edoing_thm.jpg

i'm about 10ft to the left of there now.
i love the exercise, as today was cooler i was
able to make good progress. rain forecast chances
for Sunday and Monday - so dunno what i'll manage
to get done. i have 3 other projects to do after
this one this summer/fall/winter (before the ground
freezes) on top of the regular garden chores and
harvesting and putting things up. i love it all.
could do it 24/7 if my body would tolerate it.
alas, i am getting older too. just glad i can do
what i am. within a few more weeks i should be
in really good shape as we get towards cooler
weather and i have lost a few more lbs and built
up more muscles.

today i scrubbed more cucumbers, but didn't have
quite enough energy to get them in the jars and
sealed up. will get that done tomorrow sometime.
picked beans yesterday and cleaned them up and
then steamed 'em. yum! love fresh beans.

and this pic is from another garden:

http://www.anthive.com/img/mixed-flo..._Thyme_thm.jpg

songbird