Scott

In article >,
"Vox Humana" > wrote:

> Fruit pies freeze well. Unless room in an issue, I would just make the pies
> and freeze them. You can bake them from the frozen state, adding 20 minutes
> or so to the baking time.

I can get away with probably 1-2 pies. I have a ton of Concord grapes
that I'm looking to do things with. So far, 2 batches (~19 half-pints)
grape jam, and one baked and ready to eat pie, and one frozen, unbaked.
Grape sorbet will be made tomorrow.

I'm debating a couple more pies, but doing more than 1 or 2 more will
get tricky, as far as freezer room goes.

I'm thinking of BWB the prepared pulp--skins and pulp separated, and
pulp lightly cooked until the seeds separate, then sieved and recombined
with the chopped skins. That would seem to have more uses than if I
further prepared it with sugar and thickener. If I let I let it sit
overnight in the fridge, I can strain the pulp and use the juice.

Putting Food By says to bring the juice to a 200 F simmer, then process
in a Hot Water Bath at 190 F for 30 minutes. But that's for juice
only... I'm not sure if the pulp/skin combination would be different.

please mail OT responses only