Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT Sometimes, ya just gotta hold a HARD LINE!!

On 7/25/2017 2:50 PM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 7/25/2017 11:44 AM, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

>>> Yep.
>>>
>>> At the hearing, the judge will listen to the landlord and the
>>> tenant and make a final decision regarding the eviction. If the
>>> judge decides the eviction is necessary, the tenant will be
>>> ordered to move out of the rental unit. If the tenant does not
>>> move out of the rental unit within the appropriate time frame, the
>>> landlord can have a state marshal evict the tenant (see Conn.
>>> Gen. Stat. Ann. § 47a-42). It is very important to note that the
>>> landlord can never personally evict the tenant. This type of
>>> action is often referred to as a âœself-help❠eviction, and it
>>> is illegal in Connecticut. A âœself-help❠eviction includes
>>> changing the locks on the doors and shutting off the utilities to
>>> the rental unit. The tenant can sue the landlord for damages, and
>>> the landlord can even face criminal charges (see Conn. Gen. Stat.
>>> Ann. § § 47a-43, 47a-46, and 53a-214).
>>>

>> I wouldn't even consider having tenants in my home, even if
>> circumstances would force me to live in a one room efficiency
>> apartment. It wouldn't be worth it for many reasons, and I
>> certainlyy would not enjoy the "company".
>>

> Agreed. I don't even like having neighbors.

As long as you have a little distance. I could complain about my next
door neighbor with 5 vehicles, tractor, boat, etc. OTOH, I've not had
to cut my lawn for the past 3 years. I get plenty of veggies from his
garden. The other side is woods and the neighbor is 1/4 mile on the
other side.