Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default OT Sometimes, ya just gotta hold a HARD LINE!!

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...7b&oe=5A393D59

>>>Did *YOU* throw all her stuff out on the deck floor, John? Are
>>>you the flunky of your evil chinese landlord now? It's his
>>>problem to get rid of someone in that house, not yours.
>>>
>>>Did you offer her to stay and pay rent? Even if she wasn't
>>>paying, I really hope YOU didn't go into her room, gather up all
>>>her belongings and just toss it out in a pile on the back porch
>>>for her to find when she came home later that day. And what if it
>>>had rained before she got home?
>>>
>>>There's always several ways to handle a situation. If worse came
>>>to worse, you could have at least piled it nicely on a chair or
>>>two, or boxed it. To just toss all out on the back deck floor is
>>>very cold and you should be ashamed of yourself. seriously. I
>>>would never treat someone that way. WTF is wrong with you. You've
>>>got all this mammon money, why couldn't you have helped her out a
>>>bit? I would like to think I would, at least to give someone
>>>enough time to move elsewhere.
>>>
>>>And now you said the other day that your "closing date" has been
>>>pushed back to sometime in October. What's going on there,
>>>John-Boy?

>> John can't evict anyone for any reason, the *owner* or the owner's
>> legal agent would need to go through the courts.... and even for non
>> payment of rent the judge would very likely give her a court date some
>> 30 days out from the time of filing and then very likely after a court
>> hearing the judge would give her 60 days to pay all the due rent or
>> to leave before the sheriff would be ordered to toss her and her stuff
>> to the curb... I've had enough people evicted to know the process. If
>> John touches her or her stuff he'd very likely be doing some serious
>> prison time.

>You don't understand the difference between civil and criminal courts.
>You don't go to prison (or even jail) for unlawfully evicting
>somebody. Or throwing their clothes out onto the deck for them to get
>ruined.

In NY if the landlord touches a tenant it's an assult and a judge can
order incarceration a fine or both. Destruction of someones's
property can get one incarcerted and still be ordered to pay its
value. in NY there's no set time by which one must vacate, it's up to
the judge to decide, typically based on various factors such as if
prior evictions, depending if minor children reside there, but rarely
would an eviction take more than 60 days, typically 30 days. I always
engage an attorny to do an eviction, goes much smoother and faster,
well worth the fee which runs about 5-6 hundred dollars... in winter
here the landlord must provide heat so the sooner the tenant is gone
the less it costs the landlord... I had a tenant running the heat with
an opened window yet I still had to supply heating fuel, after
notifying the lawyer he pulled strings with the judge and that scumbag
tenant was put out in two days. Over some 40 years of being a
landlord I had to evict more than ten tenants... I learned early on to
always use a lawyer. With every eviction I had to do none was teh
tenant's first eviction, all had several. And there is really no way
to perform a check on a tenant's solvancy, they know the system very
well... in every area there's a network of deadbeats who all lie for
each other, many pretend to be their employer.

>He *is* a fool for taking it upon himself to do this. He's not even
>landlord yet and already he's doign stupid shit.
>
>-sw

I didn't see the picture but for all we know that was John's pile of
crap outside because he's the one being evicted... I still don't
believe anything about an inheritance... someone with the kind of
money John is talking would never risk doing anything illegal... he's
never yet mentioned anything about having a lawyer... I've purchased
many properties and wouldn't consider not using a lawyer. Nothing
John says makes any sense and as Judge Judy says if it doesn't make
sense it's not true. I wouldn't believe a word John says if his
tongue came notarized... were I John's father I'd not leave that loser
son more than the price of one meal at Taco Bell... I would have
disowned him years ago.