Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT Sometimes, ya just gotta hold a HARD LINE!!

On 7/24/2017 11:41 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> In Texas and California it's a 3 day notice to pay or forfeit. Then
> the landlord has to get a judgment from the county court and they have
> 30 days after that. In no case can you dispose of belongings of the
> tenant until you get a court order. The legal status of this property
> is unknown. I think the courts would view this as the tenant has not
> fully vacated the premises (and taken her friend with her). Most
> states don't allow to chuck the shit outside. Fortunately for John
> she's probably very Chinese and probably doesn't know her rights.
> -sw

Yep.

At the hearing, the judge will listen to the landlord and the tenant and
make a final decision regarding the eviction. If the judge decides the
eviction is necessary, the tenant will be ordered to move out of the
rental unit. If the tenant does not move out of the rental unit within
the appropriate time frame, the landlord can have a state marshal evict
the tenant (see Conn. Gen. Stat. Ann. § 47a-42).
It is very important to note that the landlord can never personally
evict the tenant. This type of action is often referred to as a
self-help eviction, and it is illegal in Connecticut. A self-help
eviction includes changing the locks on the doors and shutting off the
utilities to the rental unit. The tenant can sue the landlord for
damages, and the landlord can even face criminal charges (see Conn.
Gen. Stat. Ann. § § 47a-43, 47a-46, and 53a-214).