Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Saturday Dinner

> I'm making a German dinner tonight. There will be Green Bean Soup,
> Rouladen, German Poato Salad, and Kaiserschmarrn (torn pancakes) for
> dessert that is served with fresh strawberrries.
>
> When we lived in Ohio we used to think that we had to have a cool
> summer meal when the weather was hot. If I waited for that to happen
> here, we'd never have a hot meal, so as long as we're spending the day
> at home with A/C, I cook any kind of hot meal we decide on.

Ours tonight was grilled pork loin steaks with locally grown new
potatoes and fried okra (also local) . Won't be long until we'll be
eating okra from our garden , several plants have small pods now .
'Maters are coming on too , I grow all open pollinated heirlooms . The
field peas , squashes , and peppers are also doing well , picked 3 small
cucumbers today too .

--

Snag