Posted to rec.food.sourdough
notbob notbob is offline

Default High altitude sourdough

I usta buy George's Killer bread, but it's gotten waaaay too expensive.
Like, $5.50-$6.00USD per loaf!

No mas!!

I've tried to make a true sourdough mother, but didn't know what I was
looking at (I've got that 7 qt proofing container so popular with some
hot new book - shrug). I've got two different kinds of organic flour
(pastry, whole wheat) and can get more.

I'm pretty new at baking, but have mastered pie crusts. I live at
approx 8K ft elev. All the sourdough experts suddenly become real scarce
when I mention my altitude. I've even read where some expert baker
(sourdough.com) claimed he moved from a Texas town to a high altitude
environment (CO), yet he never posted any usable info.

Let's talk.

nb