Posted to rec.food.cooking
U.S. Janet B. U.S. Janet B. is offline

Default Dinner Tonight, ****ghetti n' Saw-Seege

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/

>> That looks pretty.
>>
>>> And I exclusively use yellow squash.
>>>

>> IHO, the texture of zucchini and yellow squash is basically the same.

>They are identical is taste in texture when cooked the same. One just
>tastes more green more than yellow.
>
>-sw

IMO, not identical but close enough to not matter. I think crookneck
squash has more body and less water. I notice this when I use
crookneck to make zucchini chocolate cake. Shredded, unpeeled
zucchini completely disappears in the baking process and crookneck
leaves some visible bits. The visibility part doesn't bother us in
the cake. The fact that it doesn't disappear is an advantage when
making vegetable soup as it doesn't become too soft and mushy in the
soup but retains the coin shape and yellow of the skin.
Janet US