Wayne

"Vox Humana" > wrote in
:

> "Wayne" > wrote in message
>> "Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in
>> :

>> > My late MIL had a turquoise, hang on the wall refrigerator. My aunt
>> > still does. This proves that at least two of them were made.
>> >
>> > Matthew (refrigerator on the wall == act of faith)

>> About ten years ago a friend of mine bought an early sixties house
>> which had a huge all turquoise kitchen...appliances, steel cabinets,
>> and sinks. There were two 4-burner electric cooktops, two wall ovens,
>> refrigerator, freezer, and two sinks. There had been only one
>> previous owner who apparently never cooked. Everything looked as
>> though it had just been installed. The refrigerator and freezer were
>> both wall-mounted.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne in Phoenix

> Article on mid-century kitchens with picture of turquoise cabinets and
> appliances:
> http://www.worldandi.com/subscribers....asp?num=24009
>
> I had relative who owned a small town appliance store in the 1960s.
> They had kitchen with powder blue cabinets and appliances - a color
> that I have never seen again.

Thanks for posting that link, Vox. Interesting, and a nice bit of
nostalgia attached.

I've never seen or heard of the powder blue color either. Could it have
been custom?

When I was growing up, we lived in a home that was probably built and
outfitted in the late forties. That kitchen had heavy steel cabinets and
all-electric appliances which were all colored "jadite" green, and lots
of chrome. I always thought it was rather pretty.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

unmunge as w-e-b

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.